Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Life in Arkansas

My first (and so far my only) add-on purchase for my camera was a set of filters. I bought them so I'd have a polarizing filter to help with landscape photography. I hope to use the polarizer to aid in waterfall photography so I can slow down my shutter speed more and not overexpose my photos. I took my camera out to Lake Beaverfork last week to practice with the polarizer. I was pleased with the results -- vivid colors and great reflections!


Lake Beaverfork, Conway, Arkansas


Lake Beaverfork, Conway, Arkansas

Here are a couple more old photos I thought I'd share.

Sunset at Lake Hamilton, Hot Springs, Arkansas

This barn is located right off the highway in Shirley, Arkansas. Unfortunately, I had to take it from the window of the truck as we drove by. I'm disappointed in the composition, but I only had a few seconds to take a picture, so that wasn't working in my favor. I still think it's a fun shot because it's a fun subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment