Monday, October 4, 2010

Loving my new camera!

The husband and I have been looking into getting an DSLR for awhile. He took photography in college and has a nice Rebel film camera, but we wanted to get a digital to use. I've made my way pretty well in photography class using my Canon A650, which is a glorified point and shoot with manual controls, but I've been itching for something a little better. 

Our plan was to invest in a new camera after he was done working the State Fair this year. In the meantime, we've researched, played around with different models at the store, and had come to the decision that we wanted to start out with a Canon T2i, an intermediate level camera.

On Thursday I got an email from one of my favorite technology stores, NewEgg, saying that they were having a three-day sale. I looked at it on a whim, and saw that the T2i was one of the items on sale! Using some of our hard-earned savings, we went ahead and ordered the camera. Imagine my surprise when, after paying for standard UPS ground shipping, the camera showed up at my house the next day. The guys over at NewEgg are my favorite.

My husband was out of town over the weekend working a rock festival, but I had plans with my family to hang out and enjoy the fall weather. It gave me ample opportunities to practice with the new toy. Can I just say I am in love? 

I'll share more pictures later, but I'm going to go ahead now and upload one of my favorite shots I took over the weekend. When wandering around a college campus getting a couple of portrait shots of my sister, we spotted a bumblebee burrowing energetically in a bed full of bright fall marigolds. Right now I only have the standard kit lens for my camera, but I took a macro with it and was pretty impressed. I love how you can see the reflection of the flower in his big bumblebee eyes.



2 comments:

  1. Congrats on getting a new camera! That picture is so pretty and detailed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your new camera. Cannon is the best(imho)! Great picture, and that is amazing you go the reflection in the eyes.

    ReplyDelete