Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Our State Capitol

The Arkansas State Capitol building in Little Rock has been fashioned to look like our nation's capitol building. It provides a great place for practicing photography skills, and since I was in Little Rock last week I made time to go by and see what I could get.








Zinnias are one of my favorite flowers, and they were blooming all around the Capitol building. So pretty!









This butterfly was kind enough to pose for me.










The Little Rock Nine were nine African-Americans who marched up the steps of Central High School to support civil rights in education. These statues have been erected at the Capitol building as a monument. One of the members of the Little Rock Nine passed away just last week.





1 comment:

  1. Your work is looking great! :) Love the red zinnia.
    Becke'

    ReplyDelete